Saturday, December 31, 2011

it's a wrap

I think most of us Christchurch people are so glad 2011 is almost done and dusted. I think Christchurch people have learnt that you really do require an emergency kit, lots of water and a charged cell phone. I'm hoping some New Zealanders may have learnt this too. I've also (re)learnt that the most important thing is people- friendships, community and caring. 


So 2011 was full of ups and downs but when I reflect I feel a sense of satisfaction that while its been hard my little family and myself have accomplished a lot. We have been resilient, strong, and stubborn. It feels like the kids are flourishing and as a family are starting to enjoy some time together after a very busy year. Unfortunately in the last week we've had lots of aftershocks and they are quite simply unsettling. So please Mother Earth go back to sleep. zzzzzz

Here is how December ended up in pictures. 


If I get time I'll sort some more photos out as we packed in lots. 
First 2012 goal: 1. to truly start Christmas preparations early

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...