Monday, May 6, 2013

help advice needed


Many moons ago I had this idea. Sewing kits in tins. A resource a wanna-be-sewer could use to get going fixing and making things around their home. Since having this idea I also spied Megan from Mousehouse's Kids Crafty suitcases. So gathering all my ideas together. 


I started collecting tins. I started collecting things off trade me and from opp shops to put in the tins. I searched button jars the Kapiti Coast over. Last week I brought NEW things for the tins from sewing shops (in matching colours by this stage). Like cool as scissors (ok in my opinion). So now I'm done (for now) I've made 4 tins with coordinating themes/colours. Just in the knick of time for Mothers Day (Ok maybe a bit late). 

BUT I need your advice bloggy pals- how much should I price them for? Many of you would know how much in terms of Recommended Retail/As New these things in tins would cost. Or even if everything was thrifted how much that would cost. Add to that my fluffing around and what should we get? 

Also where should I try to sell them. I have them on my a green life facebook For Sale album but should I try trade me/felt/a craft market or all of the above (in which case can I sigh out loud). Or  are any of you keen? Make me an offer if you are. Love to hear what you think. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh My God! These are just beautiful Sus! I have absolutely no idea what price you should put on them, isn't the general rule of thumb tally up your costs and then double it? I have Sienna at home with me today and she saw the giraffe scissors and I asked her what she would pay for them - she said "I would pay anything she wanted to have those" :) Name your price baby, we'll have them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok now I just read this. I knew I should have checked here first. If I add up my costs then double it that is quite a bit. I'll give you a bell. So glad you think they are beautiful.

      Delete
  2. these are wonderful - I'm no help on pricing because I don't have a good idea of the 'market' but they are really wonderful! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...