Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Kindness


The Sisterhood is organising the very first National KINDNESS DAY, Saturday 16th February. Please check out the details here but basically the idea is to be intentionally kind.

Here are some ideas I like from The Sisterhood page:
  • post a chocolate in all the letterboxes on your street 
  • write an anonymous card and post it to someone you admire
  • mow the verge in front of someone else's property
  • pay for someones coffee at a cafe
  • drop baking in to your local op-shop/hairdresser/doctor
  • let someone go in front of you in your car
  • leave the park at the mall for the person behind you and drive on to find another one
  • tell a stranger you like how she is dressed
  • leave deflated balloons at the local park
  • wash an (elderly) neighbour's car
  • read to your children about being what being kind means.
If there is something close to your heart that has effected your life think of something related to this and do something kind. for example, for me one idea would be to do something for people suffering from cancer (or their carers). As I think my almost near retirement neighbour's husband is ill and we notice the hospice is visiting daily I'm going to make them some tasty treats. I have been wanting to do this for some time and this date gives me the incentive I need. 

The Sisterhood have a facebook page/event and you can email sophie@moo2.co.nz to get these cards to use.

Do you have any ideas that you would like to do to be kind?

2 comments:

  1. Here are some things I regularly do around my 'hood - put out the wheelie bins for elderly neighbours. Move some of the overflowing neighbours green waste bin into your own. Give your prepaid parking coupon (with time left on it) to a car looking to park. Offer to host a playdate for a sick friend.....while its wonderful to shine a spotlight on this for one day, wouldn't it be nice if we practiced this every day, not because we wanted to be seen as kind, but because its the right thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you are so right Ninotchka. I'm trying to teach kindness to my children and while essentially some aspects of being kind are so easy sometimes the digging a little deeper is more challenging but so rewarding.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...