Saturday, October 20, 2012

a green living shampoo

I've been hanging out to share this green living tip for a while. I started using this simple shampoo replacement a couple of months ago by combining one tablespoon of baking soda with two tablespoons of water. It doesn't foam and is different to 'normal' shampoo but it really does make your hair feel clean and SO shiny. Baking Soda doesn't strip your hair of its natural oils, but simply removes dirt from your hair. 


If you don't believe me check these sites out:

www.naturemoms.com
www.thedailygreen.com
www.mymerrymessylife.com

Now I just need to try out the apple cider vinegar conditioner these sites talk about too!

3 comments:

  1. I have tried this a little bit but my hair seems to get really oily - do I have to press on for a couple of weeks?? Suggestions? Love the idea of it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miriam, amaze pants that you have read my blog. blush. Anyway I think press on. I think the nature mums post above has some good tips. I wonder if you need to up the baking soda and use apple cider vinegar as a conditioner. Please do let me know if you we do try and what happens. I've converted my husband and his hair looks great.

      Delete
  2. I did this for an entire year and it just was never a good experience for me sadly. :( My hair took FOREVER to adjust and stop freaking out (resulted in MAJORLY oily hair). Then my hair just looked SO dry. I eventually just went back to safeway shampoo and yeah, just a shame it never worked for me :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...